Open Entry Programme
BSc (Hons) in Product Design, Testing and Certification
Part-time Distance Learning Programme Code: BSCHPDTC
Testing and certification has been identified by the HKSAR Government as one of the six industries where Hong Kong has good prospect for development. The Hong Kong Council for Testing and Certification (HKCTC) was established by the HKSAR Government in 2009 to lead, support, advance and promote the development of the industry. In response to the government’s policy, The Open University of Hong Kong is offering a suite of degree programmes to prepare professionals to meet the challenges of the relevant industries.
Highlights of Programme
This programme helps students to gain comprehensive knowledge of product design, testing and certification, and prepares them to embark on a career in relevant industries. Graduates will also be qualified for further study in testing and certification, engineering, applied sciences or related areas in the OUHK or other tertiary institutions in Hong Kong and elsewhere.
Open Entry Requirement
- Candidates who are 17 years of age or above can enroll these distance learning programmes.
The programme structure is as follows (160 credits):
- 20 credits foundation-level core courses (MATH S122, SCI S123, SCI S124)
- 20 credits middle-level core courses on product design (MECH S213, DESN S217)
- 10 credits higher-level core courses (CHEM S310 or PHYS S271)
- 10 credits higher-level core courses on product design (DESN S364)
- 15 credits higher-level core courses on product testing (TC S361, TC S362, TC S409)
- 15 credits higher-level core courses on product certification (TC S371, TC S372, TC S319)
- 20 credits middle-level elective(CHEM S251, ENGG S228, ENVR S237, STAT S242, MGT B240)
- 20 credits free-choice from any foundation, middle or higher level courses offered by the University, provided that, of the total 160 credits, no more than 40 are gain at foundation level
- 10 credits higher-level elective courses (ELEC S354, ENGG S356, SCI S330, SCI S404)
- 20 credits higher-level core project courses (TC S450)