Master of Science in Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Management
Part-time Face-to-face Postgraduate Programme
Highlights of Programme
The programme is specifically designed for training students with integrated knowledge and practical skills to meet the professional requirements in safety, occupational health and environmental management.
- Graduates with relevant working experience are eligible to apply for registration as “Registered Safety Officer” in Hong Kong [Click HERE]; and
- Graduates are eligible to apply for Graduate member of IOSH (Grad IOSH), UK. [Click HERE]
Students admitted to the programme should have:
- A Bachelor of Science (Honours) Degree in environmental studies, environmental safety, occupational health or relevant subjects, or equivalent; OR
- A Bachelor of Science (Honours) Degree in any discipline plus at least two years’ experience in safety, occupational health or environmental management or equivalent subject; OR
- A Postgraduate Certificate in Environmental Science and Technology (PCEST) offered by the OUHK, or an equivalent qualification; OR
- A Postgraduate Certificate in Environmental Studies (PCES) offered by the OUHK, or equivalent.
The programme structure is as follows:
MSc in Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Management: (60 credits)
Any 20 credits of Elective Courses (20 credits)
- ENVR S880F Environmental Leadership and Decision Making (20 credits)
- ENVR S881CW^ 環境管理職分和領導力 (5 credits) AND
- ENVR S882CW^ 公、私營機構的環境管治 (5 credits) AND
- ENVR S883CW^ 環境管理與決策 (5 credits) AND
- ENVR S884CW^ 循環經濟與可持續的環境企業 (5 credits)
^ These courses are delivered in e-learning mode.
PgD in Safety and Occupational Health (PDSOH, 40 credits)
- ENVR S860F Theories, Practices and Audit in Accidents and Safety (20 credits)
- ENVR S870F Occupational Health, Food Safety and Environmental Hygiene (20 credits)