Master of Science / Postgraduate Diploma / Postgraduate Certificate in Testing and Certification^
Part-time Face-to-face Postgraduate Programmes
The Hong Kong Council for Testing and Certification (HKCTC) was established by the HKSAR Government in 2009 to lead the development of the industry. To cope with the rapid growth of the industry, the Open University of Hong Kong is offering a part-time face-to-face Master of Science programme in Testing and Certification.
Highlights of Programme
The programme has three exit points: Master of Science (60 credits), Postgraduate Diploma (40 credits), and Postgraduate Certificate (20 credits). The programme covers key areas of the testing and certification industry, including laboratory management and accreditation, inspection and certification bodies accreditation, and professional practice and code of ethics. On completion of the programme, students shall be equipped with comprehensive knowledge to become testing and certification professionals in the industry.
Students admitted to the programme should have:
- a recognized Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent, or
- a recognized Master degree plus at least two years of technical experience in testing and certification related industry, or
- a recognized Bachelor degree plus at least five years of technical experience in testing and certification related industry.
The programme structure is as follows:
MSc in Testing and Certification: (60 credits)
PgD in Testing & Certification:(40 credits)
PgC in Testing and Certification:(20 Credits)
- TC S811F Laboratory Management & Accreditation (5 credits)
- TC S812F Accreditation of Inspection Bodies (5 credits)
- TC S813F Accreditation of Certification Bodies (5 credits)
- TC S814F Professional Practice & Code of Ethics for Testing & Certification Practitioners (5 credits)
- TC S821F Design & Analysis of Experiments (5 credits)
- TC S822F Statistical Process Control (5 credits)
- TC S823F Integrated Management Systems (5 credits)
- TC S831F Emerging Testing Methodologies & Technologies (5 credits)
Any 10 credits of Elective Courses:(10 credits)
- TC S840F Electromagnetic Compatibility & Electrical Product Testing and Certification (10 credits)
- TC S850F Food Testing & Certification (10 credits)
- TC S860F Material Testing & Certification (10 credits)
- TC S870F Environmental Protection Testing & Certification (10 credits)
- TC S888F Research Project in Testing and Certification (10 credits)
Graphical interpretation of the programme structure:
^ This programme suite will not be offered in the 2017/2018 academic year.