Full-time Top-up Programmes
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Testing Science (Environmental Protection)^
Non-Jupas Programme Code: BSCHTSEPFS
Full-time Face-to-Face: Two-Year Top-up Degree Programme for AD/HD Graduates
In the 2013 Policy Address, the Testing and Certification industry has reconfirmed by the Government as an industry with good development potential and a sector where Hong Kong enjoys clear advantages. Six selected industries with potential demand for testing and certification services are identified by the Government. They are Chinese medicine, construction materials, food, jewellery, environmental protection and information and communications technologies. According to the review report of the Hong Kong Council for Testing and Certification 2013, the environmental protection trade was selected because:
- the general public was putting increasing emphasis on environmental protection;
- more opportunities might arise, e.g. accounting and reporting of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and removals, as well as the validation and verification of such claims; and
- many laboratories in Hong Kong had already been accredited to perform environmental-related tests, demonstrating that the industry had the capability and capacity to support further development in this area.
To further align with the Government’s strategic direction to drive the development of the Testing and Certification industry, the OUHK is offering a 2-year full-time face-to-face top-up BSc (Hons) in Testing Science (Environmental Protection) programme starting 2014.
Highlights of Programme
- Specially design for AD/HD Graduate who is keen to work in the environmental testing and certification industry
- Cover essential and comprehensive knowledge of environmental testing & certification, and prepares students to embark on a career in relevant industries
The requirement for Senior Year entry will be a holder of recognized Higher Diploma, Associate Degree, or equivalent, in Testing and Certification, Environmental Protection, or a related discipline.
Highlights of Core Courses:
- English Language Enhancement
- Quality Management for Science & Technology (TC S319F)
- Measurement Uncertainty & Test Method Development (TC S320F)
- Analytical Chemistry for Product Testing (TC S350F)
- Biochemical & DNA Technologies (TC S356F)
- Microbiology & Toxicology (TC S351F)
- Conformity Assessment & Laboratory Accreditation (TC S311F)
- Greenhouse Gas Validation & Certification (TC S375F)
- Product Environmental, Health & Safety Standards (TC S372F)
- Management Systems for Inspection & Certification Bodies (TC S473F)
- Management Systems & Audit for Energy & Environment (ENVR S412F)
- Environmental Pollution & Global Climate Changes (ENVR S412F)
- Safety & Reliability for Science & Technology (TC S409F)
- Professional Practice & Ethics (TC S420F)
- Environmental Testing & Certification in Practice (TC S474F)
- Environmental Protection Testing Science Project (TC S492F)
^ This programme will not be offered in the 2019/2020 academic year.