Full-time Top-up Programmes
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Life Sciences
Non-Jupas Programme Code: BSCHLSFS
Full-time Face-to-Face: Two-Year Top-up Degree Programme for AD/HD Graduates
This programme aims to provide students with an in-depth understanding of the theories, practices, and research methodologies in life sciences and to prepare students to be a competent and successful practitioner in life sciences disciplines after graduation.
Holders of a Higher Diploma, Associate Degree, or equivalent in relevant science disciplines, may apply to this programme.
Summer Professional Training and Workplace Attachment
Students will receive additional training in the summer term through a series of workshops, seminars, visits, and workplace attachment with the aim to develop students’ understanding on the nature, environment, culture, career opportunities, and the attributes and skill-sets needed in various life sciences sectors.
Highlights of Core Courses:
- Human Physiology
- Biochemical and DNA Technology
- Microbiology and Toxicology
- Theory and Practical Skills in Ecology
- Animal and Plant Physiology
- Conservation and Biodiversity
- Analytical Chemistry
- Food Analysis
- Medical Genetics and Immunobiology
- Advanced Topics in Food and Health Sciences
- Tools and Techniques in Biotechnology
- Contemporary Biology Development
- Professional Training and Workplace Attachment
- Science Research Project